Open Letter – Watchtower Review Study 52/2020
Open Letter to the Governing Body:
You need to deal with “the Elephant in the Room” immediately!
- Stop making false predictions of when Armageddon is coming, immediately. Make it abundantly clear to the brotherhood that Jesus, the Son of God, the head of the Christian Congregation clearly said in Matthew 24:36 “Concerning that day and hour NOBODY KNOWS, neither the angels of the heavens nor the Son but only the Father.”
- Apologize for misleading the flock and “pushing ahead presumptuously” in trying to pin down the year of Armageddon, accepting that doing so is “the same as using uncanny power and teraphim” (1 Samuel 15:23)
- Change the diet of material in the publications, to focus on how to be well-rounded out Christians, working “what is good toward all”, not just fellow Witnesses (Galatians 6:10).
- Dismantle the privileges pyramid scheme. This will entail removing all the non-biblical privileged positions, only leaving “older men”. Henceforth, there should be no pioneer, missionary, circuit overseer, Bethelite, etc, status. At a stroke it will decimate the problem with not receiving a privilege. Surely “the privilege of fearlessly rendering sacred service to him [God]” should be enough (Luke 3:74) and that is available to all rather than a select few.
- Reduce the unbalanced focus on door to door preaching efforts and increase the focus on living as a real Christian with real Christian qualities toward all. Any door-to-door preaching should only focus on productive fields (Luke 9:5).